- 400g of caster sugar
- 125ml of water
- 150g of salted butter
- 300ml of cream
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Place the sugar and the water in the base of a heavy bottom saucepan. Do not stir.
- Heat on a medium heat and allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
- Keep your eye on the pot and once the sugar is a slight amber colour, remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
- Once the butter is combined, return to the heat and add the cream while whisking. It'll become silky and smooth and there will be no fat separating from the caramel.
- Remove from the heat, add the salt flakes and whisk.
- Allow to slightly cool slightly and transfer to a jar while still warm.
- Makes 600ml
- Serve warm on cakes, cupcakes, ice-cream, and cookies. Delectable!