Coffee and Maple Bacon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together the Moccona coffee, maple syrup, brown sugar and water in a small bowl until combined.
- Arrange the bacon on the baking tray and brush on half of the maple and coffee mixture using a pastry brush.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip each slice of bacon over. Brush on the remaining maple and coffee mixture.
- Put the tray back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes until browned and crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing the bacon from the pan.
For the Cream Cheese Spread
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and chill flakes. Set aside.
For the Sandwich Assembly
- Slice the sourdough toast and toast lightly.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture generously on one side of the bread, add a few slices of bacon and top with rocket and the other slice of toasted bread.